"A very good experience, under very trying..."
About: Kettering General Hospital Kettering General Hospital Kettering NN16 8UZ
Posted by Sue/A
What I liked
* Very friendly, sympathetic and helpful staff
* Very nice environment ( Breast Clinic in the Treatment Centre )
* Diagnosed & treated, well within the time I'd predicted to be there
What could be improved
* The car park at the Treatment Centre is quite small, so allow yourself a few minutes extra in arriving, just in case you have to wait for a space.
Also hard to predict how much parking money you need to put in, as you have to "Pay & Display", rather than pay on exit.
* Waiting room in the Breast Clinic was a little chilly, when just wearing the cape on top half.
After finding a lump in my breast, I was referred to the Breast clinic in the Treatment centre.
It's the first time I'd even seen the relatively new Treatment Centre, and was very impressed. Not what I'd expected at all. It was a very pleasant surprise!
Finding a lump in your breast is very traumatic and frightening. All the staff at the Breast Clinic fully appreciate this, and despite it being a very busy department, they were so very friendly, reassuring, and I felt I was well cared for.
Although I really had expected to be there around 3 hours, a nurse apologised that I'd been there so long, and offered to make both myself and my friend coffee or tea, while I waited for the consultant to sign me off. This is was very welcome, and thoughtful, as I was quite cold by then.
Thank you to all the staff at the Breast Clinic. They really made a very frightening experience, as bearable as possible.
I have nothing but praise for you all.