"My experience of giving birth at Chase Farm was..."

About: Chase Farm Hospital

I gave birth at Chase Farm in December 2012. My labour was quite long with some complications which meant that I ended up having an emergency c-section. I would recommend Chase Farm labour ward as a place to give birth. The facilities were good, labour rooms big and private (I didn't hear anything from the other rooms). Midwives that looked after me were great and I was particularly pleased with the student midwife who was with me throughout labour and birth.

I was on the maternity ward for 3 days after the birth in a room with up to 3 other women. The rooms were ok, the staff were good and the food was alright with a large selection of meals (frozen then microwaved by the staff). I would recommend taking in your own snacks though

The room that I was in was right next to the area in which the midwives sat. There seemed to be a lot of bickering and disagreement between certain members of staff - all of which could be heard by patients!

Response from Chase Farm Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to add your comments. We were pleased to read that your experience was largely positive and the points that you have raised will be fed back to those concerned.