"Shocking!"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary

the was a lovely house keeper and the food was ok.

years ago I went to a+e after being jumped, I told the doctor that I was allergic to aspirin, the doctor then prescribed ibuprofen based anti inflammatory's which made me quite ill. Last year my gp referred me to the royal albert as I was in sever pain, I was admitted, treated like I was something the nurses and doctors had scraped off their shoe for 4 days, then discharged without a single diagnosis when I was still barely able to walk. I ended up being off work sick for a month after that and am still under a specialist for it. It took that month for my gp to attempt to pick up the slack for royal albert and cost me a fortune in taxi fares as I could not stand up properly let alone walk.

I would urge people if they have a choice steer clear!

Response from Judith Marland, Patient Relations / PALS Officer , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments about the housekeeper. However, I was sorry to read of your other troubles. Please do let us know if you wish to make a formal complaint so that we can look at your individual concerns.