"very good care and would recommend it."

About: Russells Hall Hospital

The care I received and the consultant surgeon I am under in trauma and orthopaedics he respects all patients and staff whatever their gender.

Not have same sex wards for day case surgeries. But on the other hand it is not a criticism as the mixed day ward I was on was very clean and tidy.

N/a

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Thank you Victoria for your kind comments about our staff in the Trauma and Orthopaedic department at Russells Hall Hospital. We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience and we will be more than happy to pass your feedback to the staff; they will be heartened to hear what you have said.

At Russells Hall Hospital, all of our wards are single sex accommodation, separated bay by bay on wards or by moveable walls to split bays that have more than one entrance. Sharing with members of the opposite sex will only happen when clinically necessary (for example where patients need specialist equipment such as in the critical care unit), or when patients actively choose to share (for instance in the renal dialysis unit). At the Corbett Hospital, there is one day case ward that is separated by a moveable wall. However, as there is only one entrance/exit to the ward, members of the opposite sex may be visible to one another.