"Details not passed on to GP"

About: NHS 24

I was asked by the NHS 24 doctor who phoned me back for permission to pass on details of my phone call and his diagnosis to my own GP. He did not do this.

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Thank you for your feedback in which you have advised that your details were not forwarded to your own General Practitioner following contact with NHS 24.

It may be helpful if I explain that, following initial clinical assessment by an NHS 24 Nurse Practitioner, if it is deemed appropriate for a patient to have further telephone assessment by a local NHS Out of Hours General Practitioner, the patient's details are forwarded to the relevant local Health Board Out of Hours Service.

As you have explained that the Out of Hours General Practitioner who contacted you did not pass your details to your own General Practitioner, your issue would require to be addressed by your local Health Board. If it would be of assistance to you, I would be pleased to provide you with the relevant contact details for your local Health Board. I can be contacted on 0141 337 4582.

Shona Lawrence