"Iam relieved that there are Consultants of this..."
About: Royal Preston Hospital Royal Preston Hospital Preston PR2 9HT
Posted by Fergusson Mitchell
What I liked
(1) The Consultations i have With the Renal Consultant due to his thoroughness and care shown by himself and his staff.
(2) The Appointment times are always adhered to (usually within 30 minutes of appointment slot)
(3) If i have any Renal problems at home, the response from the Renal Nursing Staff is always carried quickly and with compassion.
(4) I feel my Consultant would "go the extra mile" if required.
What could be improved
(1) The waiting area is very poor.
(2) When Nursing Staff are collecting your "urine samples" within a corridor environment, do not always appear to respect the patients "privacy". Not everyone likes it known that you are about to pass "urine into a small plastic bottle"
(3) When blood samples are being take sometimes the Staff (not all of them) do not appear to be giving you 100% of their attention (i.e. answering phones half way through ur sample - talking about "trival" stuff while sample is being taken - not always pulling curtain over for privacy etc. (ending up with a bruised arm!) - I realize it is their day-to-day job, but not everyone in the world is excited about having blood taken on a regular basis....But i must also add that there are a few exceptional "blood taking staff"
(4) The car parking charges for 2012 are "Scandalous" a 100% increase from 2011!
(5) I just wish my wages increased with the same intensity.