"stressful due to incompatant staff"

About: Watford General Hospital

action was prompt

Ii asked to view my son's notes due to a recent addmitance to a paediatric ward at watford general which i wished to make a complaint against. Having viewed my sons notes at the claims and litigation department i marked which pages i wanted copys of. When i returned to collect the copied notes i was asked to pay a sum for them. I paid and in return was handed my sons copied notes. No receipt was given and i paid in cash. Some weeks later i received a invoice stating paid with thanks. I have now received a letter stating if i do not pay within ten days i will be taken to court by the trust and issued with a ccj. It was shocking and terribly stressfull to receive such a letter. An error has been admitted by the trust with a very weak apology. Such letters which hold such severe actions should not be sent so slighty! Policies need to be followed, updated or written. Staff need to be given warnings, training or sacked if incompatant.

Response from Watford General Hospital

We're sincerely sorry that you're unhappy with the service you have received. We understand that your incident is being investigated under the Trust Formal Complaints Procedure, and you will receive a detailed response from our Chief Executive shortly.