"A good experience"

About: Leicester General Hospital

I was treated kindly. The menu, when I was at last allowed to look at it, was magnificent. I was given exercise to do when I returned home. I was allowed to take in my iPad and mobile phone.

The ward wasn't set up for Orthopaedics. For someone with bladder difficulties having to put on slippers every time before traipsing to the loo was inconvenient.

I had my operation by epidural. Last time I had a procedure using this method I had someone sitting beside me talking to me and I felt relaxed. This time only earphones were provided and they kept falling out. I found the procedure more stressful.

To get onto the hospital WiFi one needed one's credit car but one was banned from bringing a credit card into hospital.

On the day of my procedure it held up and almost cancelled because of a urinary infection the surgical staff had discovered a month before at the pre-op. I felt I could have been notified earlier and been given antibiotics to treat the urinary infection before coming in for the procedure.

The menu was kept secret at first and only a limited number of cold choices offered.

I found not having agency staff this time a huge improvement to the care I received

Response from Leicester General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valuable feedback. I will ensure that it is passed on to the relevants teams.