"We thought it was pretty good...."

About: Rotherham Hospital

A member of my family was admitted to Intensive Care on Christmas Eve-when He stabilised He was transferred to ward A4.All the staff who dealt with him were lovely and couldn't do enough.Nursing staff were happy to talk to us to reassure and advise.This isn't our local hospital,but we were impressed with how friendly everyone seemed-they're not like this we live! Good and well thought out disabled/blue badge parking too.

As we've already mentioned,this isn't our local hospital-we parked near A + E and entered through casualty-we were surprised to be directed right through A + E- a potential security risk? Privacy was maintained,but it was open to anybody-we crossed paths with people from other wards looking for the exit.Also ward A4 really needs sprucing up-generally not so good-the actual care was fine though.Also,I know it was over the festive period,but I could have done without the radio on filling A4 with an unusual selection of 'hits'

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous, thank you for your posting on NHS Choices. We very much appreciate patient feedback and are pleased to learn that you have had such a positive experience of our services, and in particular, that our staff did everything they could to provide you with a supportive and caring environment. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the staff concerned.

We have noted your comments around what could be improved and I have sent your posting onto a senior member of staff to look into and we will come back to you in the near future.

With best wishes,