"Quality of NHS24 & Paramedic care"

About: Borders General Hospital / General Medicine NHS 24 Scottish Ambulance Service

On New Year's Day my Blood Pressure went out of control. NHS called Paramedics who attended quickly, assessed and decided a course of action in timely manner. Transport from Ayton in Berwickshire to my local hospital in Melrose was comfortable - speedy but without undue haste, whilst in-transit care remained professional but not aloof.

At 68 years old, this was my first experience of 'emergency' treatment and I cannot praise the NHS24 and Ambulance Staff enough for the attention they give to those who rely on them.

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Thank you for taking the time to provide positive feedback on the service you received from NHS 24 on New Year's Day. I am delighted to hear that NHS 24 staff are maintaining the high standards of professional care and support that we aim to provide for our patients at all times. I am pleased to note your praise for the other NHS Services involved in your care also.

Response from Sharon Hammell, Head of Corporate Affairs and Engagement, Scottish Ambulance Service

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Scottish Ambulance Service on New Year's Day. Having dealt with 2,666 calls to our three Emergency Medical Dispatch Centres on Hogmany, your experience shows that despite the significant increase in demand over the Festive season, the Service continued to provide high quality care to patients.

I will share your feedback with staff through our intranet site. It is much appreciated.