"Would not give borth her, the aftercare is..."

About: Hinchingbrooke Hospital

It's close to my home.

Nice delivery suite.

The aftercare! The Paediatrician did not pick up on my daughter's jaundice when doing her health check before discharge. It was an N/A that did!

The communication between the doctors and midwives to myself and my husband regarding the treatment my daughter needed. I had to demand to be told about what they were going to do as no-one would sit and talk to us.

The infection control was not implemented very well as I had to wait four days to have my bedding changed even though I asked for it to be changed.

Being a new mum I felt I did not receive any help with regards to breast feeding as when I asked for some help it felt like the staff couldn't be bothered and that I was a nuisance.

I would not return her to give birth to any further babies.

Response from Hinchingbrooke Hospital

We are extremely disappointed to hear about your experience with us. Our staff work hard to deliver excellent care to all our patients and we are sorry that on this occasion the standard fell short of what was required. I have passed on your concerns to the Women’s service general manager and our Associate Director of Nursing for investigation.

To help your experience be fully understood and for us to continually work to drive improvements for patients, we encourage you to contact our Patient Advice Liaison Service to discuss your experience in more detail, on telephone 01480 428964 or by email to pals@hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk.