"The NHS care my wife and I have received "

About: Northern General Hospital / General surgery Rotherham Hospital / General surgery Rotherham Hospital / Urology

In September I had prostate operation at Rotherham District General Hospital. The attention I received was first class. All the staff were wonderful.

I also see the eye specialist of Rotherham which is also very good. I had trouble with my eyelid and at my check-up they sent for the surgeon. They had a look and booked my in for surgery for two weeks later (it was a cancellation). I thought this was fantastic.

My wife recently had a problem with her bowels and was sent by the doctor to Rotherham Hospital. The discovered she has some burst ulcers. She was in theatre three time but unfortunately they could could not seal all of them. Therefore the sent her to the Northern General Hospital late one night,

When we arrived the staff were waiting for her and she was taken to surgery. She received great care throughout.

I know some people grumble about the NHS but our experiences with them have always been first class.

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear lively4,

Thank you for your posting on Patients Opinion. We very much appreciate feedback from patients who have accessed our services and to know that both you and your Wife’s experience was first class. I shall pass your kind comments onto the staff concerned.

With best wishes,

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for your feedback about the Northern General Hospital,

Our staff find it uplifting to receive comments from patients and families, we will share your kind words with the team.