About: The Eastman Dental Hospital The Eastman Dental Hospital London WC1X 8LD
Posted by Anonymous
What I liked
The student who saw me was pleasant and the dental nursing staff were kind and understanding. The receptionist was helpful and PALS have acknowledged my complaint promptly
What could be improved
Just about everything else:
1. Unacceptable waiting time for appointment and X Ray
2. Lost X Rays sent to them (sent specifically to help diagnosis and to avoid having excessive X Rays) and then found they couldn't read them so wanted me to have more done
3. Ignored main reason for referral which was clearly stated in my dentist's referral letter and repeated by me
4. Gave me apparently incorrect information regarding the presence of infection under a tooth
5. Failed to respond to repeated contact from my dentist. Telephone contact is generally very poor with staff unhelpful
6. Seemed uninterested in my situation. I gained the impression it wasn't interesting enough!
7. Took seven weeks to send a summary letter to my dentist following my appointment and this contains a number of inaccuracies
8. The hospital has not even acknowledged my letter of complaint sent over 2 weeks ago
This hospital claims to be world class. It isn't! The overall impression I've gained is of considerable inefficiency and an unprofessional service. I fully appreciate that this is an extremely busy hospital which treats very complex dental problems but this does not excuse or explain the treatment I received which was very distressing.