"The most competent A&E department I have visited."

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

I would like to say how wonderful and competent the staff were in both A&E and HDU when my Mother was admitted as an emergency due to a collapse. In A&E, the Medical staff were excellent at keeping me up to date with my Mother's progress even though she was in Resus. I never felt that I had to ask anything as the information was always forthcoming. The Medical skills of the staff were clearly excellent. Once on HDU, I found that the Nursing staff there were equally caring and always appearing to update me without asking. Made all the difference as none of us want to be a nuisance in constantly asking for information.

I could not speak more highly of the staff and hospital especially in these 2 departments.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write and give us positive feedback on your recent visit to the Royal Bolton Hospital. I will forward these comments both to a Departmental Manager in A & E and also the Departmental Manager in HDU. We are pleased to hear that you found the staff competent in A & E and also HDU. Once again many thanks for your posting.