"Cervical spine C6/7 disc removal and fusion"

About: BMI - Thornbury Hospital (Sheffield)

I was referred to BMI and Mr Kamat through the NHS and was so pleased with the speed and efficiency of the service. I visited Mr Kamat at Lincoln where we discussed my condition and the options available to me. I made the decision and within weeks I recieved an admission date and pre op assessment which really suited my circumstances. BMI Thornbury was relaxing, friendly and the staff were very professional. This was my fourth operation under general anaesthetic and the most significant, however, I couldn't believe how easy it went and how good I felt post operation. The procedure was completed Friday afternoon and I was walking around itching to go home on Saturday morning. I would like to thank Mr Kamat and the team at Thornbury for ending more than 15 years of discomfort and misery and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to others contemplating this procedure.

Response from Abhinay Kamat, Neurosurgery

Dear "PAD Lincolnshire",

I wish to express my thanks on behalf of my team at One Health and at BMI Thornbury Hospital for the time that you took to leave your comments on the treatment that you have received at the BMI Thornbury under my care. It is extremely motivating for a surgeon and his team to receive this valuable feedback which has a positive impact on our practice.

Abhinay Kamat