"All the staff that I have encountered in my..."

About: Chase Farm Hospital

I have been attending antenatal appointments at Chase Farm this year. All the midwives and consultants that I have had contact with so far have been excellent, easy to talk to, professional and reassuring. The antenatal classes that I have attended have been particularly good. I have had a tour of the labour ward, maternity ward and birth centre and am impressed with the facilities that I have seen (I have an older child, born in a different hospital)

The appointment system for antenatal consultant appointments is not good - last time I was there they were running an hour and a half late! Expectant mothers are given clear appointment times in writing, but are not told that on the day a 'first come fist served' system operates. Therefore if you have an 11:00 appointment and turn up when the clinic opens at 9:00 you will be seen straight away! For this reason the appointments regularly overrun towards the end of the clinic.

Response from Chase Farm Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your comments. It is always very helpful for us to hear from patients and to learn from their experience, whether this be positive or negative. Your comments have been highlighted with the relevant department so that changes can be made where appropriate.