"I would not like to be an in-patient again!"

About: King's Mill Hospital

A modern, airy hospital with good facilities.

Staff attitude

A previous contributor has spoken of brusque,rude and unhepful staff and regrettably I have to concurr with him. On one occasion in front of my wife a nurse I had never seen before rushed over with a syringe, plunged it into my stomache and proceeded to inject the contents into me. She made no effort to ascertain my name, date of birth or any other means of establishing my identity and that she was administering the injection to the righr person; as I was in an A&E ward at the time - well, I could have been anybody.

I was taken eventually to another ward where my experiences were much the same. I endeavoured to chat and be as friengly to all staff as my circumstances would permit but alas it to no avail.

It was a dreadful experience and I will do everything I can in the future to be treated elswhere. The hospital itself is brilliant! Modern and well laid-out - but all this I'm afraid is completely negated by abysmal staff/patient interaction.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for your comments which have been circulated to the management team for emergency care. We are sorry that you feel dissatified with the care and treatment provided to you recently and if you would like to discuss this further please contact our Customer Services team on 01623 672222.