"I wont go any further than a 2 hour drive from the..."

About: The Christie

Very friendly staff, informative, caring, understanding, polite, extremely helpful and the hospital is so clean you could eat your dinner off the floor.

My partner and I were kept informed every inch of the way, I knew what was going to happen and when. We genuinely felt that I was important and valued to all the staff and that my needs were paramount to all. Nothing, no matter what time of day or night, was too much trouble and still isn't. There is also a fantastic 'Atrium', very comfortable, warm and with lovely views to chill out when your up and walking. Just a great, great place to be (if you have to be)

My Consultant along with exceptional nurses, the whole research team, even the cleaners, saved my life. I was given 6 weeks to live on admission. I had a very difficult to diagnose illness due to loosing my spleen in a car crash in 1995, it turned out I had very rare MCL (Mantel Cell Lymphoma) and my white cells were doubling every week. When I was admitted, my white cell count was over 125 - normal is between 4 and 11. I had lumps everywhere. I was admitted to the 'HTU' and had my very own 'on suite room' with free TV - Lovely, peace and quite. I had 4 complete rounds of R-HyperCvad (4 x A, 4 x B) Unfortunately I was a little allergic to some of the treatment and most of my stays were for 5 weeks a time. I was very ill, but by the end of my second full treatment, I was in remission with all lumps completely gone. Two more full doses of the very hard 'HyperCvad' to go. They weren't without complications, but no matter what time of day or night, someone from the top came to assess me immediately. I still have monthly appointments and blood tests, but I am still here. Treatment started July 2007 and here I am today, without a 'Stem Cell Transplant' 10/12/2011. Thank God for 'The Christie'.

Response from The Christie

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your comments regarding The Christie. We will ensure that the HTU team are informed of your kind words. We wish you well with your future health.