" Involvement Centre is positive and innovative"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a service user),

I have been attending Rosewood as a volunteer and have had the privilege of being in the Human Library.

Nottingham is so forward thinking in enabling service users to help share their experiences to help inspire others, to educate and work towards reducing stigma.

I have lived in various parts of the country and experienced a lot in various services and I find this area seems to be the most positive and innovative in regards to Mental Health issues and improving the services etc. I hope other areas throughout the country benefit from what is being achieved through involvement centres like Rosewood.

Response from Jonathan Wright, Involvement Centre Manager , Involvement Team, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

We are proud of what we do in the Involvement Team and are pleased that your experience has been a positive one. Nottinghamshire Healthcare has a positive attitude towards delivering mental health services and tackling stigma. The time you volunteered in the Human Library is one that we are certain makes a huge impact in fighting the discrimination of mental health.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much Involvement and being involved means to you.