"I will feel comfortable returning to the Unit -..."

About: North Manchester General Hospital

The respectful and warm manner with which I was dealt by the Women's Investigation Unit (Colposcopy clinic).

Access to the Unit. As I brought my 6-month old with me in a pram, the only way through without lugging her and her pram up 2 flights of stairs was to cut through a ward filled with patients in their nightclothes! Not only is this a health and safety risk for outpatients and their companions (note: a 6-month baby in tow!), it was quite embarrassing to have to go through an in-patient ward and may have made those patients feel uneasy. Please consider an alternative access route, or relocate the Unit itself to a more accessible place.

Some parts of the hospital that I had to walk through in order to reach my destination looked a bit grim in terms of decor and did not feel welcoming. Reminded me of the medical school; a bit creepy and lonely corridors.

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

Thank you very much for taking time to leave a comment on your recent visit to the Women's Investigation Unit, and we are pleased that you felt welcomed when coming on to the unit.

We are sorry, however, that you experienced difficulties and had to access the unit via the ward area, and we will pass on all your comments to the Service Manager for that area.

If you would like more information, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Team on 0161 604 5887.

Many thanks indeed.