"Positive About Personality Disorders & Involvement"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a service user),

I am leaving the Therapeutic Community at The Mandala Centre  in the next few weeks. Part of me is apprehensive but part of me is excited as I am getting my life back on track.

The turning point came a couple of months ago. Going to the involvement showcase at Trent Vineyard in Nottingham  was an amazing day. I was daunted when I walked in not expecting such a huge event.There was not the stigma I have  experienced in other places. I came back inspired having picked up a lot of information about volunteering. I felt the support being offered via involvement is different. ...I felt I was understood .

Nigel moved me to tears in his presentation when talking about how he was feeling on the day. He was someone who had been through mental health services and come out the other side as an employee of the Trust.  This story was incredibly powerful.

The trust is obviously open to holistic therapies. It not about just volunteering it is about expanding your whole life. This was the message I took away and the volunteering that is being done is brilliant

I can't  thank you enough

It was really good to hear that you had gained so much from the Involvement Showcase event at Trent Vineyard.

I have contacted the Mandala Centre to let them know about your story.

Thank you for your posting.

Response from Involvement Team , Involvement & Experience, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I read your posting with great interest about how the involvement showcase impacted on you.

This is the reason I do what I do to reach out to people everyday. This is why I get up in the morning. I hope that when you leave the Therapeutic Community you will make contact with the involvement centres in Nottingham or Ollerton where I am based. You will find a warm welcome in both places.

For more information call Nottingham 0115 9934567 or Ollerton 01623 835210

I would be happy to come to the Mandala Centre to tell you more about involvement if you want to call me on the Ollerton number above.

Best wishes

Nigel Groves

Rosewood Involvement Centre Manager

'The community would like to acknowledge the positive experience of the Service user involvement day and stressed the importance of commenting on the Patient Opinion site of their experiences of being in the Therapeutic community and encouraged each other to do this on completion of their therapy. '

The Therapeutic Community - Mandala Centre