"Somerset Community Right Steps absolutely brilliant"

About: Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Adult community mental health

Somerset Community Right Steps absolutely brilliant service. They taught me how to recognise and change my thoughts and behaviour for a better way of life. It’s a shame that you have to be referred for this service as I feel these courses could benefit a range of people who wouldn't see themselves with a problem.

Response from Lucy Nicholls, Development Officer, Somerset LINk

Hello,

This story was submitted to Patient Opinion by the Somerset LINk, on behalf of a Somerset patient who has contacted us as part of our 'Patient Stories' project. We will be keeping a record of all stories submitted, and all responses from providers.

Thanks very much to the person who submitted this story, which will be fed back to the people who provide the service. It's good to hear positive stories, especially about community mental health services. I understand that people used to be able to self-refer to Right Steps but due to the numbers of people that wanted to use the service, self-referral was stopped. Perhaps the Somerset Partnership could update us about their progress with this.

Best wishes,

LUCY

Response from Karen Howard-Grenville, PALS, Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

To Racquet715

I would like to thank you on behalf of Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, for posting your very kind compliment about the Rightsteps service.

I am also pleased to advise that I have notified the appropriate Director and Service Manager of your kind posting.

With kind regards