About: Royal Derby Hospital

I gave birth on the 16th of November at Derby hospital. I had an emergency caesarean and so had to go into surgery. Those performing the section, from the doctors to the anaesthetist were brilliant. I was made to feel dignified, and was kept informed about everything that was happening. I had a silly fear of the needle of the spinal block, and I was re-assured. Even though it was an emergency, they still seemed to do it at a pace I was comfortable with. I've never been so impressed in my life. My scar has heeled nicely in just 6 days, and I'm mobile and active. Even the health visitors say they're shocked, it's as if I haven't had major surgery.

The post natal team were also brilliant. I had issues with breastfeeding at first, and the breastfeeding support workers helped day and night. The midwifes were so lovely, and always coming in to see how we were doing, even on busy days. The ward was clean, the staff were brilliant and I can't find a fault anywhere. I'm glad I chose this hospital to give birth in.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to hear about your positive experience at the Royal Derby Hospital. Our staff are committed to providing quality care and we are very proud of our maternity services. We are the only Trust in the UK to be awarded 'Baby Friendly Hospital' status every year since 1998. I shall ensure that your comments are passed on to the team.

J. Roberts, Communications