"Wonderfully supportive and friendly"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I attended WHH to have a Colposcopy and LLETZ procedure to remove pre-cancerous cervical cells. I was very nervous as I don't particularly like hospitals due to bad experiences I've had before with Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals (Im originally from West Yorkshire). However, the male doctor carrying out my procedure was very informative and maintained my dignity as much as he possibly could. The nurses were exceptionally friendly and supportive - to an the extent that one nurse kindly held my hand as I experienced a bit of pain during the procedure. The other nurse brought me water and would not let me leave until she was confident I was ok. I felt in safe hands and I would like to thank them for being so kind.

I am due to go back for more test results and for a repeat smear test to check the cells have all been removed, but Im far less nervous of going back now - thank you to all at the Celia Blakey Unit

Nothing so far

Response from Steven Hams, Deputy Chief Nurse and Head of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are really pleased that you have had a positive experience and that our clinical team were friendly and supportive. We always aim to provide the very best care delivered with kindness and compassion, I will ensure your comments are passed on to our Colposcopy team at the William Harvey Hospital.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience – we really appreciate it.