"The Day Surgery Unit was excellent and all the..."

About: Huddersfield Royal Infirmary

I was seen on a Saturday morning in the Oral and Maxillo-facial department. I was seen promptly and didn't have to wait to see the doctor. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the nurse who came to collect me from the waiting room. The Doctor I saw went through my xrays with me, discussed the treatment options and explained everything as he went along. I was put on the list for my lower wisdom teeth extracting on the Day Surgery Unit. I was impressed at how quickly I recieved a letter with the date of surgery. My first appointment was at the start of October and I had the operation just 5 weeks later.

The staff on the Day Surgery Unit were brilliant. I was very nervous but the person who took me to the theatre was very reassuring and kind, she really put me at ease, as did the staff in the theatre. I didn't like being put to sleep in the theatre, it is daunting to walk straight in there.

Response from Huddersfield Royal Infirmary

Thank you for providing such positive feedback on the care you received from our Oral & Maxillo-facial Department and Day Surgery Unit. Your positive comments will be passed back to all staff involved in your care.