"First class"

About: The Royal Victoria Infirmary

Had an appt expedited to see a consultant following ongoing issues, I found him very helpful and knowledgable.

he was really supportive and this is what I needed for my ongoing problems.

I also mention another person in PALS who was very helpful in helping me expedite my appt, as previous Consultant's secretary did not answer my calls, but she was excellent in getting me the help I needed.

Secretary's who answer calls!

Response from The Royal Victoria Infirmary

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on NHS Choices. We are pleased to hear that following discussion with the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) and your Consultant regarding your ongoing medical issues, your appointment was able to be expedited for clinical reasons to ensure you received the assessment and care that you needed.

We would like to apologise that on this occasion you experienced difficulty in contacting your Consultant’s secretary. I would like to reassure you that this matter has been brought to the attention of all of the secretaries within the department and that arrangements are now in place so that, should a particular secretary be away from their desk, their telephone is transferred to another member of staff who can take the call.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.