"In patietn care excellent discharge planning poor"

About: Leicester General Hospital

The care my father recieved from Drs and Nurses was excellent in the hospital and I have already commented on this earlier in the month, however please see my comments below re discharge.

The discharge planning was poor, kept waiting around, the equipment from occupational health arrived a week after his discharge which led to my sister buying a bed aid leading to expenses we were not expecting. The occupational therapist was off sick and there was no cover. I have just found out today from kettering General Hospital that a referal to oncology has not been made which means my father whose pain is increasing is still not on the oncology list and I am having to chase the surgeon's secretary to get the referral faxed across which I think is not good enough.

Response from Leicester General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback about your experience, particularly about the care your father received.

We acknowledge your comments about our discharge process and I will pass these on to the team. If you feel you need more help or advice or would like a more personal response to your concerns, please contact our PILS team on 08081 788 337.