"bad experiences at Musgrove park "

About: Musgrove Park Hospital / Colorectal surgery

I myself had to stay in Taunton Hospital after loss of blood from the colon. I found the place was so dirty especially the toilets. I had to take wads of paper in with me.

The next ward I was moved to for older people was even worse - I saw stale blood on the floor and seats of the bathroom.

One night I was a witness to a nurse giving a patient the wrong pills - the ward was up in arms about it.

Another night a nurse dropped all her notes and got the lot mixed up.

As a vegetarian I received little food - a box dried out egg dish. My family brought in soup for me.

In the end I ran away in fear of my life or any family if they have to stay in hospital.

Response from Lucy Nicholls, Development Officer, Somerset LINk

Hello,

This story was submitted to Patient Opinion by the Somerset LINk, on behalf of a Somerset patient who has contacted us as part of our 'Patient Stories' project. We will be keeping a record of all stories submitted, and all responses from providers.

Thanks very much to the person who submitted this story, which will be fed back to Musgrove Park Hospital. I'm very sorry that you had a bad experience in hospital. We will ask Musgrove Park to read your story and respond.

Thank you again for sharing your story.

Best wishes,

LUCY

Response from Martine Price, Head of Patient Experience, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback, I was concerned to read about the issues you raise and would encourage you to contact us directly so we can talk to you.

As a hopsital we have very high standards of cleanliness and these are very closely monitored on a daily basis. I apologise that this was not your experience.

Please contact our PALs office on 01823 343536.