"Wonderful, caring staff!"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Birmingham)

I was in ward 305 as a living kidney donor. I was so pleased with the quality of care given to me and the other patints by all of the staff. Everyone, the cleaners, the healthcare assistants and porters, nurses, donor coordinators, doctors and surgeons treated me with kindness, dignity and respect. The nurses and nurses aides who cared for me were all so thoughtful and kind and had a great sense of humour. I'm vegan and they even managed to get me great food!

I had been nervous about going into hospital but the fantastic people who work there put my mind at rest.

Oh, and the private rooms with the ensuite and the big windows - wow, I felt like I was in a hotel!

The signage in the hospital is pretty bad - the direction signs are too small to read unless you get really close - by which time you have used up valuable energy.

Response from University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of Ward 305 plus the general facilities at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.

We are very pleased that you have had such a positive experience whilst being cared for during your stay. The managers of the ward you were on and other senior colleagues have been made aware of your comments and will ensure that they are passed on to the relevant staff members. It is a real morale boost for staff to receive feedback like this from patients. It means such a lot to know that the hard work, dedication and commitment of our staff is recognised and valued in this way. It is also very satisfying for staff to hear they have made such a difference to patients and made sure your experience under our care has been positive.

Thank you also for your very useful comments regarding the signage, we have had a lot of very mixed feedback from patients and the public regarding signage, we are listening carefully to this feedback and using it to make improvements where required.

Thank you once again for your kind and helpful comments.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Thank you once again for your kind and helpful comments