"Excellent, but understaffed at West Mendip Hospital physio?"

About: West Mendip Community Hospital

Mostly excellent, though it seems a very few are off hand maybe overtired? Appears understaffed so that sessions are rushed and more sessions would be helpful, also I long wait before physio is available.

Response from Lucy Nicholls, Development Officer, Somerset LINk

This story was submitted to Patient Opinion by the Somerset LINk, on behalf of a local patient who has sent us their story as part of our 'Patient Stories' project.

We are keeping a record of all stories that are sent to us, and asking providers to respond to the stories. We will be contacting Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, who run West Mendip hospital, and asking them to respond to this story.

Many thanks to the patient who has taken the time to send in their experience and concerns to us.

Best wishes,

Response from Karen Howard-Grenville, PALS, Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Dear blue 828

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience through this website.

I am sorry that you have experienced some issues with the timing of physiotherapy sessions in the past, and attitudes of some staff.

I would like to take this opportunity to advise you that the Trust takes all comments made by those accessing our services, with equal sensitivity, and I will be sharing your comments with the appropriate manager for this service.

It is good to know that on the whole, the service is doing a good job, and the Trust continues to develop and improve all services, so thank you again for taking the time to provide us with some constructive feedback.