"Amazing support from Boston Ward to get my life and future back"

About: Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Inpatient mental health care

(as a service user),

I have been a patient in the mental health system for 20 years. Only way I can describe past stays on the ward is not a thing I wanted. I have a lot of barriers I put up and asking for help isn't what I do. But after a year of what honestly felt like hell due to family difficulties that started me going down hill and emotionally devastated, I became very depressed/suicidal, I used many wrong coping methods that was putting my life at risk. I reached the point I either die or get help. I asked for help and was admitted to Boston ward 12. I put down my barriers.

I am so pleased I got the help. Staff gave me so much support and helped me get through moments I though I could fight to get better. Every day I knew I had 100% support. I learnt to go to staff when it got difficult and not once did they not speak to me. They helped me come up with distractions.

3 months ago I felt so ill that I never believed I would feel like I do today. I have a life/futures and I did it with amazing staff and management.

Response from Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

It is always very pleasing to receive compliments about Trust staff and services, particularly when they come from Service Users and/or carers. This generates tremendous pride in Trust staff and what they do. Your story is an inspiration; thank you for taking the time and trouble to share this with us.