"Humiliating and distressing."

About: Wansbeck Hospital

I was repeatedly left distressed by my treatment at this hospital. My notes were not read correctly leaving ward staff asking me ridiculous questions regarding my healthcare, one question of which had the potential to be deadly if they had not asked me although if they had read my notes the whole situation could have been avoided. I was treated with total disregard and started and ended my experience in distress after being told upon my arrival things that should have been explained to me before I confirmed the appointment and after my surgery was subjected to humiliating questions that had no business being asked. There was no patient confidentialty as my responses to these questions were freely discussed among the staff. I could hear an entire discussion of another patients private medical history through a flimsy curtain so I was not the only one to have no patient confidentiality.

Overall it was a humiliating and distressing experience and I hope never to have to visit this hospital again.

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

I am very sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with our service.

Unfortunately you have not given enough detail for this comment to be passed onto the relevant Manager. If you would like to contact our Patient Services Department on 0191 203 1340 or email to patient.services@nhct.nhs.uk we will be able to investigate further.