"Staff not knowing about medication on Ward B50"

Some of staff on the ward did not know the names of the medication I was given. And I'm sure had no idea what it was given for!!! I can only assume that they were inexperienced in administering medication.

I had to remind them again and again that I needed tablets soluble because I have a hiatus hernia.

I have just spoken to the ward manager on B50 about your posting.

She will be replying to your comments in more detail soon.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Response from Involvement Team , Involvement & Experience, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Many thanks for highlighting your concerns around prescribing, dispensing and knowledge of medications. It is always useful to the team to have concerns brought forward to be addressed and for us to improve our practice. However, to answer concerns raised, perhaps it would be helpful to the team if specific information could be given so that a more detailed reply can be offered.

I would urge you to come forward and speak to myself or the Deputy Ward Manager if you feel able. We could then look at the process around prescribing/dispensing medications and specific drugs that you may need more information about; it may be more appropriate, especially if the drugs are for medical conditions, if queries are answered by our more knowledgeable medical colleagues or the ward pharmacist.

I look forward to helping you with your concerns

Helen Forrester