"If you have to go to hospital then make Newark..."

About: Newark Hospital

All the staff at Newark hospital without exception were brilliant. They all worked well together especially as they were understaffed some of the time but they all took it in their stride. They were very thoughtful and considerate. On the day of my operation my son was flying over the USA and they said no matter time he arrived he could comein to see me and the same on the day he had to fly home. Two staff members stood out, they were so kind to me. No one wants to have to stay in hospital any longer than they need to but at Newark it didnt feel overwhelming, the hospital is not too big as to make you feel lost but it has all the facilities that are available at the bigger sites if not more so. I would highly recommend Newark to anyone, it is a lovely caring place.

The staff were absolutely brilliant with everyone but the one thing I thought that should not be allowed in the wards is motorized disablilty scooters. I think it should be made clear that if a visitor cant walk to the ward to see patients then there are wheelchairs available. While I was in there was one person that came every visiting time on one and I was worried that the speed they were going about on it would have knocked anyone off their feet. He was advised a couple of times that he could use the dining room, but unless there is a ruling on it staff are not able to refer to the rule and see that thisis adhered too plus I wonder how clean these things are to be in a surgical ward. Other people, far more disabled managed to walk to see their relatives.

Response from Newark Hospital

Thank you very much for entering a response on the NHS Choices Website. You kind comments have been passed to all members of staff concerned.

Thank you for your comment in respect of what could be improved and I write to advise that the Hospital Management Team are aware of these concerns and are currently addressing them.

Thank you again.