"absolutely terrifying"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

nothing. things were either broken or not suitable. e.g. very uncomfortable chairs

everything, especially the staff attitude. they need to spend more time listening and less time making unsupported assumptions and stop getting so huffy when you don't fit into their ticky boxes or can't cede to their demands. I couldn't get onto their too high couches without risking making my injury worse. I suddenly found myself harangued by a whole gang to just do it or take pain killers to do it? i.e. they wanted me to risk making the injury worse as long as I didn't feel it while they went about their business. then they had the gall to find my objections unreasonable!

I did keep explaining where my injury was, but this was not heeded and another part of my anatomy was checked out instead and proclaimed clear.

I started out feeling ill and in pain and ended up a million times worse and in a state of hysterics because of the offhand uncaring contemptuous and decidedly frightening manner of the nurses, and totally arrogant and unheeding manner of the doctor and consultant who attempted to bully me.

It was a terrifying experience that will take me some time to get over. I cannot stress enough, give this hospital a wide berth especially if you are older.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

We were very sorry indeed to hear that you were unhappy with the care and treatment in the Emergency Care Centre at North Tyneside General Hospital . We take negative feed back from patients very seriously. If you would contact our Patient Services Department on 0191 203 1340 and give us more details about your concerns we would gladly investigate and try to resolve the issues the raised.