"All staff were amazing, I enjoyed my tea.biscuits..."

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

Staff very nice and ward clean

I had a colonoscopy yesterday, it all went very well but the leaflet (flexible sigmoidoscopy) that was sent with the preparation moviprep is not very clear. It says in the paragraph (preparation for the examination) . Bullet mark 2 says (you can have a light meal before you come to the unit) surely this is contradictory to the previous paragraph and the elderly would be miss-informed. It confused me a bit.

Also I would like to have been told to bring a dressing gown and slippers as I had to wait 2 hrs before the procedure. I am not complaining at all but I was cold and the person who booked me in moved me to a warmer room. as I had put my socks and coat back on. I did have the forsight to bring spare underwear and trousers, as these were needed before I left the hospital. perhaps this could be added the the information sent to future patients

Response from Steven Hams, Deputy Chief Nurse and Head of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to feedback and we are really pleased you had a good experience at the Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital. I am sorry to hear that the leaflet was contradictory; I will ask Anita Hodgson who is the Trust wide Matron for Endoscopy to have a look at it to see where we can make improvements.

I know the endoscopy team at Margate will be delighted with your comments, which I will forward to them.

Thanks again for taking the time to feedback – we really appreciate it.