"Excellent - could not fault the service at all."

About: Warwick Hospital

I attended day surgery yesterday for a wisdom tooth removal under general anaesthetic. I was very nervous as I had never had general anaesthetic before, but the staff were wonderful - very kind and re-assuring. The anaesthetist and the surgeon both came to see me prior to the operation and gave me a feeling of confidence that all would go well. The anaesthetist was particularly reassuring when I was about to go into theatre, as was the nurse who accompanied me to the theatre and held my hand whilst I was waiting. I was not nervous of the operation, just the anaesthetic, but all went well and I was awake again and recovering in no time at all. The staff on the recovery ward were all very kind and as I recovered quickly, they allowed me to get dressed and go home quickly. I am now recovering at home with no pain and following my aftercare instructions carefully. I would like to thank all the staff for their kindness during what was for me quite a scary prospect. In the future I will not be at all worried about having a general anaesthetic.

Nothing so far as I am concerned.

Please particularly thank the anaesthetist and nurse who looked after me. They were both very kind and reassuring.

Response from Warwick Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about the care you received at Warwick Hospital. We are pleased that you are happy with your care and we will pass on your comments to the teams.