"Excellent care - problems with the administrative..."

About: Lymington New Forest Hospital

Staff and facilities were excellent and I am most grateful for their care and consideration.

I have been sent a follow-up appointment for August 2013 with the admonition that if I do not attend I may not receive a further appointment - and have been told by phone that I shall not be advised closer to the date. Given the real possibility for loss of a diary or failure of diary software this policy appears ill-considered.

Response from Lymington New Forest Hospital

Thank you very much for providing me with you kind comments and your feedback in relation to the follow up appointment you have been provided with. I fully appreciate that an appointment booked so far in advance could prove fairly hard to remember and as you have mentioned the loss of a diary or diary software failure could certainly cause a problem. We are however, in the position of sending out a text message reminder to a nominated mobile phone number of your choice. If this is something that would be of interest, then please don not hesitate to contact me directly on 01590 663089, so that I can arrange this.

Ben Prior