"Maybe they only have one syringe and needle"

About: Milton Keynes Hospital

I have been waiting over 8 weeks for an injection and have just been told that I will have to wait a further 18 weeks. I am wondering just how long the queue is and also if the hospital can't afford the needle if they would like me to pay for it. I would even be prepared to pay for the actual medication. The health service has gone to pieces. This is ludicrous. Pain management..... They don't know the meaning of it.

Maybe in this instance putting on an extra clinic for injections only would greatly reduce the queue and make the intolerable pain that people have easier to manage. I fail to see how a six month wait for treament could possibly be called pain management. Just how long does it take to do a simple injection especially as Bedford hospital can do it on the day you are seen by the surgeon?

Response from Milton Keynes Hospital

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear of your experience. Please contact our Patient Experience Team on 01908 243633 or email patientexperience@mkhospital.nhs.uk ; they will help you to resolve this issue.