"I now swim twice a week and visit the Gym"

About: City Health Care Partnership CIC / Active Lifestyles Service

I received a seminar in 2 parts explaining the causes of diabetes and the way to manage it. As it was explained there is no cure for it, so we had to learn the type of foods which would be best for us. It was also explained that being fat adds to the deleterious effects of the wrong type of food and exercise helps to minimise the effects.

After this I transferred to the Active Lifestyles scheme, which by the use of counselling, helped me to increase the amount of exercise I take, I now swim twice a week and visit the Gym once a week, my eating was also kept in check. Now 6 months later I have lost 2 stone in weight and 4 inches on my waist measurement . I hope to continue this and eventually reach my ideal weight.

Response from Mark Doughty, Weight Management Development Manager, Weight Management Services, City Health Care Partnership CIC

Thank you for your comment, it seems like you have come along way since the seminar.

I am glad that you have had a positive experence and that you are now enjoying the benefits of an active lifestyle.

Good luck in losing more weight and maintaining this new healthier lifestyle.