"slow waiting times and rude staff"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

Waiting times, hospital appointments not being changed, staff manners

My son has been coming since he was two he is now 6, When we were told to see a Dr on our next visit it never happened or the time after, Staff were rude when I asked questions about my sons condition and how it should be treated, When I explained to the the nurse what the doctor had said about him needing a operation last time I was there, I was told it wasn't in the notes. Appointments where meant to be every 3 months and by the time the appointments had been finished being messed around with, It was more like 6 months.

The last appointment I went to, I made a mistake I turned up a day late for my appointment a day late, I apologised and told he had been discharged and I would have to see my sons Dr, to be re-referred and it wasn't "his" problem. He has now got a appointment with another hospital, where hopefully the staff are more understanding, and willing to explain and listen to what we both have to say.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We would be pleased to arange for these concerns to be investigated if the family would like to contact us directly. The email address is pals@midyorks.nhs.uk