"Staff on the Treetops ward were simply excellent"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

Staff on the Treetops ward were superb, despite being extremely busy. The paediatric doctors were knowledgable, approachable and extraordinarily patient with my endless questions. The nursing staff, including student nurses, provided professional, compassionate and efficient care to my baby, both day and night, and supported me through an emotionally difficult time. The health care assistants, allied health professionals and domestic staff were kind,friendly and always ready to help in any way they could to make mine and my baby's stay as comfortable and stress-free as possible. I feel confident that my baby was treated in the very best way possible whilst in hopspital. Now that his care has been taken over by the paediatric community nursing team I continue to be both grateful and impressed by the high level of care.

Only one inconsequential issue: the decor on the ward was a little shabby but I believe that this is being dealt with in the near future.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback from your visit to Treetops ward at University Hospital of North Durham in 2011. We are pleased you had a positive experience at this time. Unfortunately, at the time you shared your feedback, we were unable to respond. If you would like to discuss your previous comments please contact us. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774