"Devon Access & Referral Team"

About: Devon Access and Referral Team (DART)

I was sent a prompt letter asking me to call DART to make an appointment, I rang first thing this morning and was told I would be called back that morning.

I rang again in the early afternoon and was told to expect a call within the next hour.

I have now had to call back a 3rd time only to be told that the clinican has deemed that I cannot be referred and they will now write back to my GP to explain why.

Massively unhelpful in what is a very stressful situation waiting to see a specialist.

Response from Susan Pearce, Project Support Manager, DART (Devon Access & Referral Team), NHS Devon

Dear ‘JLB11’,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience of using our service. I am very sorry that you had to phone us back on three occasions, this is not the standard of service that we would wish to provide and I am disappointed to hear that it has occurred. From what you have told me it sounds like we were waiting on a decision from a clinician before we were able to deal with your referral and I suspect that this is what caused the delay in us phoning you back. Nonetheless, if we said we would phone you back we should have and I apologise for the added stress and inconvenience that this delay caused.

If you would like me to look into the matter further, please phone me on 01626 883888.

Best wishes,