"Wouldn't change anything"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Addiction services (community)

(as a service user),

I've been in drug treatment for nearly 8 years since I was pregnant with my boy. I was very nervous of meeting new people and had panic attacks if I had to, but my worker spent a lot of time getting to know me. I learned to trust her because she never waffled she always told it like it was and made me sure I understood about my treatment and how I could help myself. She supported me in social services meetings and now I even speak up for myself in them. I have nearly finished my detox (from 90 to 20mgs of methadone) and I'm having another baby.

I know I can tell my keyworker anything. She won't ever be shocked or think badly of me. Sometimes I even text her in the night if I'm worried about something. It feels like I'm talking to her. I wouldn't change anything at all.

It is good to hear that you are recovering well and how your keyworker has played an important part in your journey.

I will pass on your story to the services you mentioned as any feedback is always welcomed and valued.

Well done for doing so well in your detox. I wish you every success in the future