"Highly professional care from a skilled team."

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital

My husband was diagnosed with acute myloid leukemia. This came as a complete shock to both of us. It has been a long and very stressful journey. He had a stem cell transplant that was given at King College Hospital in London. I cannot speak too kindly of the care, consideration and support given to both of us by the Haematology Dept. at the Sussex County. You get the feeling all the time that they know what they are doing.

My complaint about the drainage system was addressed thorougly.

Response from Development Officer, Brighton & Hove LINk

It’s great that you had such a positive experience.

As the independent health and adult social care watchdog for the Brighton & Hove, we collect any stories you have about local services. These stories are then logged with us, and if enough people have a similar story we can act on this information, either by challenging services about negative feedback we have received or congratulating them for positive feedback.

If you would like your experiences to be logged with us, just email me the details at community@cvsectorforum.org.uk (you could copy and paste what you have written here if you like), or look at our website www.bhlink.org for more information about what we do.

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact our Patient Advice & liaison Service (PALS) at pals@bush.nhs.uk or on 01273 664973.

Patient Experience Team