"I had a nightmare, I was really disappointed with..."

About: Royal Free Hospital

Effective documentations.

Communication skills, the doctors are lacking effective communication skills.

Each patient should be assigned only to 2 healthcare professionals. I was seen by at least 7 Healthcare professional, nor of them knew why I was seeing them.

Educating your midwifes on what a fibronectin test is.

Communication between the doctors and patients especially the consultants in the Obs and Gynae out patient department.

I had a horrible experience during my antenatal appointments, firstly, there was a delay in contacting me during the start of my antenatal care, I only received my letter by 16 weeks into my pregnancy, so i had not antenatal care prior to that. to make matters worse, the midwife I was assigned to never explained the process to me, I was asked a few medical history questions and give a pregnancy note and told to go home.

when admitted to the Antenatal ward, the Staff/midwives were very rude, I was told by a midwife that if I was to go into Labour at 20 weeks, they would let my baby die, and there was no point in me being here.. that was when my nightmare began..

At present, my medical notes have been lost by the fetal medicine unit of which no one wants to take the blame.

The consultant & Registra would verbally lie to me, and then write something else on my medical notes. throughout my antenatal experience I saw at least 7 - 8 different doctors.

Response from Royal Free Hospital

We are sorry to hear of your poor experience. If you would like to make a formal complaint, you can find out how to do it on our website. http://bit.ly/pfF9Xo