"Laprascopic cholecystectomy ( gall bladder removal) New Stobhill Glasgow"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Gastroenterology

I was diagnosed in April 2011 with Gall bladder stones after years of pain and ignoring it as bad indigestion. I went for blood tests and a scan ( at New Stobhill Glasgow) where I was treated well and kept fully informed.

I had my pre-op assessment at the Royal Infirmary in July and had a fantastic nurse who reassured me about the operation. My bloods were taken again on at the start of September and I went into hospital a few days later to have my gall bladder removed. I spent an overnight and was discharged the following day with full information on medication and wound care.

The staff at New Stobhill Hospital are fantastic and the hospital facilities are outstanding. Day surgery , kind and considerate staff, plenty of information delivered in a courteous manner, a private room and a flat screen TV to keep me occupied.

It is the first time I had been in hospital since I was 7 years old and thankfully it had changed. I believe the NHS is great! Thanks again to all the health professionals who have been part of my care.

Response from John Hamilton, Head of Board Administration, Board Administration, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Thank you for your kind and appreciative message about the care, treatment and information you received from our staff at the New Stobhill Hospital and Royal Infirmary during and following your recent operation.

I have passed your message on to the Director responsible for the areas you mention in order that they can bring your comments to the attention of the staff who were involved in your care.

Staff very much appreciate receiving such positive feed-back and I am sure they they will be heartened to hear of your expereinces.

Thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to write to Patient Opinion with your comments