"Rotherham Walk In Centre"

About: Rotherham NHS Walk-in Centre

My doctor has recommended that I receive treatment on my shoulder and sent the appropriate letter requesting the said treatment.

After 3weeks I contacted the centre myself and have been advised that the doctors letter will take 6-8 weeks to be reviewed and then when a decision on a form of treatment is made I will then receive an appointment.

From a patient point of view this seems to be very long winded and not very good value for money and I believe that a review of the system is overdue.

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Just Retired, thank you for taking the time to post your story on Patients Opinion web site about the length of time it is taking for you to get an appointment with one of our services. I would like to be able to help you in this regard, as we do try hard to provide quality and easily accessible services, and as you don’t mention which service it is you have been referred to, perhaps you could contact our Patient Services Department on 01709 424461 to discuss.

With best wishes.