"Friendly staff, needs x-ray dep open all the time,..."

About: Minehead Community Hospital

Listening to me.

Friendly staff, very busy. They had not had a break in around 7 hours, they need more staff!!

They missed my sons broken wrist, even when he and I kept mentioning it. The nurse gave it a sqeeze and said it was fine. The woman who did the x-ray would not x-ray his wrist because it was not authorised. The doctor checked the x-ray and found his broken elbow, which was good. When I again mentioned his wrist the doctor asked the nurse, the nurse said she had checked it and it was fine. He has been in a cast for 6 weeks and is having an operation to put a screw in. He had a broken wrist for two days before it was spotted at Musgrove. People can injure more than one body part!!

I know you were all very busy but I wish you had listened.

Response from Minehead Community Hospital

We are very sorry that on this occasion the service at Minehead MIU did not reach its usual high standard of care. It is of course difficult to comment on an individual case in this forum but we apologise if an injury was missed. All of the MIU’s in Somerset strive to achieve the highest standards and your concerns will be passed back and used as a learning tool for all of the MIU staff.