"Millbrook open day"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a staff member),

Hi I'm Amy. I work for the trust in the capital planning unit. I think today's open day is fantastic, there is so much happening. I am really looking forward to sharing the plans for the scheme with visitors to the event and get their opinions on what is planned.

Hi I am jade, I work in admin at millbrook. Today has been so positive with both visitors and staff sharing opinions and ideas for the refurbishment, a great day x x

Hi Im Tracy. I usually work in the city side and am enjoying meeting colleagues who are based in the county and getting to know about other parts of the trust and meeting lots of people. Its a brilliant event.

Hi my name is Darren I work as a nurse at Millbrook Unit. Part of the Unit where I work is currently being refurbished and it is nice to able to show people the plans for the new Suite and get some positive feedback from service users who have used our facilities.

Hi I'm Jane, activity coordinator, Shelly ward. We are looking forward to our new ward next year, it's great to showcase today the work of our service users.

Response from Jo Horsley, Adult Mental Health Service Manager - Acute services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I’m really pleased to share how well the Millbrook modernisation project ward went. All the new wards are now open and patients and staff say they love the improvements to the environment. The 136 suite which is a place where people come to be assessed instead of a police station now has two on suite bedrooms which is much improved as it didn’t have any beds or washing facilities prior to the refurbishment. Management are always keen to hear feedback good or bad so please keep posting your opinions about the Millbrook changes